Bedfordshire Police and Crime Commissioner -  
01234 842064

Complaints & Comments

The vast majority of interactions between the police and the public are positive. Unfortunately, sometimes you may feel that the service you receive is not up to the standard which you would expect.  Please tell us about it, so that we can learn and improve the service others receive.

If you need help or advice please call the Commissioner's Office on 01234 842064
Complaints against Bedfordshire Police Force

We are unable to investigate complaints against Bedfordshire Police or individual members of staff.  This falls into the operational management of Bedfordshire Police Force.  Individual complaints should therefore be directed in the first instance to Bedfordshire Police and the Independent Office of Police Conduct (IOPC) thereafter.

Bedfordshire Police deal with all complaints against police officers below the rank of Chief Constable, all police staff and Special Constabulary.  For minor matters that can be resolved quickly and simply, a supervisor can usually deal with your complaint.  More serious matters, however, are referred to the Professional Standards Department, who will oversee the process.  Some matters, due to their seriousness, are referred to the Independent Office of Police Conduct (IOPC).

We monitor complaints on a regular basis in order to hold the Chief Constable to account and to ensure that any appropriate lessons are learned.

Please visit the Bedfordshire Police Website to submit a complaint or telephone 101.

Complaints against the Chief Constable

The Police and Crime Commissioner deals with complaints against the personal conduct of the Chief Constable which should be made in writing.

If you have a complaint about the Chief Constable please write to the Police and Crime Commissioner at:
Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Bedfordshire
Kempston HQ
Woburn Road
MK43 9AX

or email your complaint to

Complaints against the Police and Crime Commissioner

All complaints about the conduct of the Police and Crime Commissioner will initially be dealt with by Bedford Borough Council’s Monitoring Officer (who is also the Police and Crime Panel’s Monitoring Officer).
 Complaints Policy

 Complaints Data - Police and Crime Panel

Other ways to contact the OPCC

Please use our contact form to contact us on any subject. Just as we are keen for you to contact us with an issue or complaint, it is also good to hear when something has been a success, so please tell us when you think the service you received was worthy of a positive comment.