Beds Youth Council (BYC) (13 – 17 year olds)
Bedfordshire Police and the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner have created an exciting opportunity for
young people living within Bedfordshire between the ages of 13 and 17 years old to join Beds Youth Council (BYC) on Instagram and help shape Bedfordshire Police's policies involving young people.
About the Beds Youth Council (BYC)
BYC members, will be aged between 13 and 17 years old and from all backgrounds, including those who may be at risk of entering the criminal justice system, ex-offenders and victims of crime or come from areas where youth violence is part of their everyday lives. This offers a continual perspective from those who may be most affected and it allows the Bedfordshire Police and Crime Commissioner and the Force to fully hear the voices of young people across Bedfordshire.
The vision of the BYC is to allow young people to have the chance to:
- Speak directly with police officers and decision makers to “youth proof” policies, protocols and strategies.
- Provide advice to Bedfordshire Police to help monitor and improve the quality of the policing service being delivered and
help them understand issues that affect youth.
- Build relationships between police, young people and the community
- Have their voice heard and express views openly and honestly in a constructive way.
- Consider own biases.
- Raise the profile of young people within the community.
Link to the instagram page: