Meet the Team
PCC Salary £71,400
Notification of Disclosable Interests
The Role of the Police and Crime Commissioner
Justine Currell - Deputy Police and Crime Commissioner
Justine will replace the PCC at meetings dealing with her own specialist area of Human Trafficking and Modern Day Slavery and will assist Commissioner Holloway, on an occasional basis, with some of the key set governance and information meetings required of the PCC, or her representative, including, but not limited to:-
*The Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire Tri-force Alliance
*The Seven Force Eastern Regional Alliance
* The Eastern Region Special Operations Unit
* The Criminal Justice Board
* General meetings of the Association of Police and Crime Commissioners (APCC)
* APCC Portfolio meetings on International Policing, for which Commissioner Holloway is the national lead
* APCC Portfolio meetings on the Strategic Policing Requirement priorities set by the Home Secretary for which she is the national lead, such as Child Sexual Exploitation
* Briefings from the National Crime Agency and other policing or victims' organisations
* Executive meetings of the 3 county Community Safety Partnerships
* Stop and Search Scrutiny Panels
Gifts and Hospitality Log - nothing claimed
Declaration of Interests
Clare Kelly - Chief Executive
Clare KELLY, is currently the Chief Executive at the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner in Bedfordshire and has had a previous 15 year history working within Bedfordshire Police.
After graduating in Criminology, Clare spent her first five years with the Force at the sharp end of directing Response officers, as what was then called an FCR “operative,” as a call handler. She moved on to become Staff Officer to a Chief Superintendent, before completing postgraduate studies in police-related research and data management.
Clare worked extensively as a Project Manager within the Force, before taking on the Head of Corporate role. In this post, she was pivotal in helping the Force to understand how better to recruit a workforce which looks and sounds more like our public, in terms of diversity.
She is the co-chair of the Women’s Network of Bedfordshire where she has enjoyed supporting colleagues with personal and professional goals.
The Chief of Staff's Salary is £ 78,000 pro rata.
Gifts and Hospitality Log