Family and friends
All cautions, investigations or convictions that could be linked to a family member or someone you know must be declared. This won’t automatically hinder your chances – each case is reviewed individually. Many factors are taken into account, including:
- The nature of your relationship with the offender
- The number and severity of offences
- Could your role be negatively affected?
- Could it cause damage to the authority or reputation of the OPCC?
- Could your credibility be impacted?
- Is there a risk of an information breach?