The Home Office have confirmed that £147m of funding will be committed, until
31/05/22 – The OPCC are awaiting confirmation of successful applicants from the MoJ for the Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence Funding opportunity. The Office will be in contact with applicants once confirmation has been received.
The Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) awards funding to people or organisations in the county who contribute to the delivery of the objectives set out in the Police and Crime Plan 2021-24. Broadly this falls into four priorities of the Police and Crime Plan:
- Investment in community-based and community-led policing for urban and rural areas
- Tackling the causes of crime and breaking the cycle of re-offending
- Placing residents and victims at centre of policing priorities
- Multi-agency and transparent approach to community safety and crime reduction.
The Police and Reform and Social Responsibility Act gives PCCs the power to award ‘Crime and Disorder Reduction’ grants with any conditions.
The Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014 Section 143 gives a ‘local policing body’ power to provide or commission services or grant (subject to any conditions).
The PCC’s Grant Fund is an annual opportunity for support services to bid into. The fund is split into two key areas – Ministry of Justice Fund and Community Safety Fund.
Ministry of Justice (MoJ)
- Domestic Violence
- Sexual Violence Support
- Support for victims and witnesses in all other crime types other than Domestic Abuse
Community Safety Fund (CSF)
- Mental Health
- Adult Offender Management
- Youth Offender Management
- Domestic Abuse Offender Focus
- Early Intervention
- Police and Crime Plan Delivery
Once funds have been allocated, the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner monitor commissioned services monthly, quarterly or annually depending on the amount of funding awarded. All details are reported to the Police and Crime Panel which is a publicly recorded and available meeting.
If you have any queries regarding Commissioning, please contact the office via telephone at 01234 842064 or via email at PCC-Commissioning@beds.police.uk
Commissioning – Funded Organisations Logs
Please click on the below buttons to take you to the Funded Organisations logs from the current and previous years.
No campaigns open at present.