POLICE AND CRIME COMMISSIONER FOR BEDFORDSHIRE
Title and Reference – PCC/D/001
Subject: Incoming PCC – Decisions made before the Oath
Report of: Police and Crime Commissioner
Festus Akinbusoye, has been voted in as the county’s new Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC). Mr Akinbusoye, received 59,7934 votes.
Prior to the Oath the PCC and Chief Executive has made the following decisions which require to be formally logged:
• The PCC has asked that the Oath event is made a public event and livestreamed for the residents of Bedfordshire to involved in the process and to ensure transparency of the process.
• At this time the PCC has made the decision to not take on Fire service Governance.
• At this time the PCC will not be appointing a Deputy Police and Crime Commissioner.
• Beds PCC will continue to chair Criminal Justice Board
• Complaints legislation – the PCC has chosen to remain with Model 1 at this time (Complaints model)
• PCC would like to adopt an intern programme for young people with additional needs and ensure they receive work experience.
• 7Force collaboration to continue
• Strategic Board to be split into two parts – Public and Restricted – looking at options of live streaming the meeting – to include questions from the public. This is to aid holding the force to account and ensuring transparency with the public.
• PCC wants to engage with full councils once a quarter. To engage with Local leaders
• PCC will visit organisations that we have commissioned to ensure he is fully aware of the organisations which have been funded and will meet with partners to ensure they are meeting their objectives which were promised within the bidding process.
To note decision
Bedfordshire Police and Crime Commissioner
I hereby approve the recommendations above.